- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 dl creme fraiche, sourcreme or Oatly’s diaryfree creme fraiche
- A handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, grated peel only
- A sprinkle of salt
- A dash of frehly ground black pepper
Wash and cut off the leaves of the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into about four large chunks. Cook in lightly salted water until completely tender.
Wash the lemon and grate half of its peel. I use a Microplane.
Take the herb leaves, roll them in between your hands into a bundle and then chop them finely.
When the cauliflower is done pour out all the water from the pot. The creme fraiche will make the consistency a bit more runny so make sure you get all the water out. Use a strainer if needed.
Mash the cauliflower lightly with a potato press. Add in the creme fraiche, salt and black pepper. Use a hand mixer to blend them together. Make sure there are no lumps. Add the grated lemon peel and herbs, mix with a wooden spoon. Taste test! And done!