In August the build was put on hold as our builders went on vacation and I think we needed it as well. We went to the recycling station with our van crammed with stuff a few times but that is pretty much it.
In September work resumed. First, the ceiling was insulated with what I believe was styrofoam. Then it was prepared for further insulation that would be sprayed into a pocket made by the styrofoam and an outer layer of plastic film. The inside walls came up and were filled with insulation. The electricity was drawn.
The biggest step forward that took place in September was that the new windows and doors arrived. It has taken a long time and many emails to get the order in place because we decided everything about the look of the windows and doors ourselves. Despite our efforts, they turned out to be wrong anyway. One communication mistake was made and it was that the sidebars were red on the inside instead of white.
We want everything on the outside of the house to be red. Since the municipality denied us to redo the facade and paint the house white we went for an all-red house instead, from the chimney down, and so we want nothing of the house’s fixed furnishings on the inside to be red. The sidebars have to be white on the inside. Otherwise, the goal is defeated. We have still to figure out how to correct this error.
People who work with building things have a unique way of solving problems. In my eyes, they seem to always find the most efficient way to get there. Here Kristoffer has put plastic over the space where the new window will come in to protect our living room from dust and dirt. I might have said this before, but I cannot say it enough because I truly admire this way of thinking and try to absorb it myself. To me, it is peeling off what is not necessary and going straight for the core without fuzz.